Monday, May 9, 2011

Who cares about debt when your emotional bank account is full?! :)

This week has brought with it so much CHANGE - what a beautiful thing change is! And it got me thinking that a lot of people are really quite scared of change. And it's true - if you don't embrace change you avoid it! You become wrapped into the same patterns each day and see new things as frightening and unachievable. I believe in embracing change - to LOVE life - because you never know what is going to happen next and that's the FUN part. Tomorrow you could get the promotion you have always dreamed about, you could win the lottery, or you could get hit by a bus. One thing’s for certain - you can't control the future. And while you may not be able to control it you can control how you think about it, how you react and respond to it and how you let it influence your life. Are you a person who can see the positive side of everything or the negative? Something that brought this to my attention today was the simplest of actions which happens to me all the time - dropping something on the ground! Instead of my usual negative thought ('damn it!!' for example), I thought 'This is great! An opportunity to pick something up!' Does that make sense? An opportunity to improve my surroundings - it reminded me of the Anthony Robbins mp3 Luke played me the other day - he spoke about living life according to a balance of pleasures versus pains. The way I understood it - it's like cleaning the house - in your mind you think of the pleasure of having a clean house vs. the pain of actually having to clean up instead of doing something you find enjoyable. What if we could find the pleasure in every moment - let pleasurable experiences shape our lives - not simply putting up with painful ones.

Tonight a friend messaged me saying how she and her partner were sick and challenged me to 'find the positive' in her case. To which I responded "With pleasure... you are both alive, you own your properties, you have 3 awesome children who love you no matter what, you live in the luckiest country in the world - a country in which no-one will kill you for your political or religious views. SMILE. You are SO fortunate!" Sometimes it is hard to find it but you can always find the positive - it is your decision. And I think that it is important to recognise that being happy is a conscious decision to make. At least in the first instance. It's about breaking the pattern of being unhappy or always seeing the negative. Currently I am trying to break a pattern - this being negative thoughts about either myself or other people. This sounds so simple when I type it!! "Just stop thinking negatively!" What I have noticed is that the brain goes wild when left to its own devices. I negatively self talk to myself all the time - telling myself I can't do something, I'm not good enough, don't look good - etc the list goes on... Well not for much longer!! As soon as I notice a negative thought in my mind a snap the elastic band on my wrist and think of something entirely positive regarding the situation. The same goes for negative, value judgements about other people. That happens ALOT. Which I am not pleased to admit, but for the sake of being honest I must share. We make judgements pretty much every hour of everyday. Based on the most superficial things!! The clothes/haircut/ tattoos a person has. This all relates to something I would really like to change about our world, the way in which women label and treat each other. I feel there is a great competition between women and that this is mostly negative. You see it everywhere... When a women comments on another who she thinks is attractive, rarely will the comment be that she is beautiful and that’s that. I hear women (and have done it myself) negatively put down others for their looks/clothes etc. For example last weekend a friend told me that I looked good in a dress but the way in which she did was "Bitch!! You look better in that than me" See the problem? I know it is mostly in jest, but how many times have you called a gorgeous woman a bitch because you either lack self-confidence or are jealous? It is time for us women to SUPPORT and LOVE each other.

Finally, it's my goal for every important person in my life to know that they are special and that I love them. And to tell them this - openly and honestly. This is so that if I died tomorrow everyone would know that I loved them with my whole heart and that nothing would be left unsaid. I don't think many of us could say that and I would like to create that change as well. I want to lead a life of no regrets - everything I do I back 110% and give 110% in effort and love. Even if it is one person at a time... tell them you love them! Let them know how important they are to you. It's a wonderful feeling going to bed at night loving and being loved.

LOVE!
H
x

1 comment: